Thursday 19 April 2012

This must be the time or place...

I seem to go to sleep in October and come back to life in March/April depending on when the temperature rises. I have spent most of this London rainy day looking at the written pieces which I have not finished, the books lying around with  just a few chapters left  and this Blog in which  I have not posted anything since October 2011. I must find Winter incredibly uninspiring!

This April bought me a month of endless Birthday parties(some of which were my very own)  and now I think I have finally made it home and will be moving onto other things that I have been meaning to do for a while now...

Although the film This Must be the Place by Paolo Sorrentino has an unusual plot, which you can  read about  here :  http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/may/20/cannes-film-festival-2011-sean-penn-review ,
the core of it  reminds me of Somewhere by Sofia Coppola which also features a famous male character who is going through depression. The two directors have found very different methods of  translating the Protagonists  inner feelings onto screen and I think it's interesting to compare them.

So what happens to a man who has everything ?

I shall leave it up to you to discover...



                                                             " Home is where i want to be
                                                              Pick me up and turn me round
                                                              I feel numb - burn with a weak heart
                                                              (so i) guess i must be having fun"








No comments:

Post a Comment