Thursday 22 September 2011

High Definition VS Film ?


I personally would choose Film any day...I find the HD aesthetic just does not suit a lot of directors...The Skin I Live in (2011) by Pedro Almadovar would have been so much better on some crackly film. HD makes things look a bit too glossy for my liking.
I don't know why but I have always preferred vintage cars to new ones, antique furniture to modern and film photography to digital photography.


The music video below and an the old film Slogan (1969)  reminded me of how great the colours looked on film in the 60's/70's.






I really enjoyed watching Slogan (1969)...it's no masterpiece but it catches the era in which it was made very well and has also turned into a cult film.
It stars Jane Birkin and the famous singer/songwriter Serge Gainsbourg...I would recommend reading this interesting article first if your not familiar with the two :    http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/11/gainsbourg200711

No comments:

Post a Comment